Why UMass Boston’s College of Management
Why choose the College of Management at UMass Boston?
- Small class sizes. Most classes are taught in small classrooms that seat fewer than 40 students, not in lecture halls.
- Accessible faculty. CM students report interacting frequently with the management scholars and industry experts who teach at UMass Boston, the urban research university with a teaching soul.
- Comprehensive Student Support Services. Our Management Achievement Program (MAP), a co-curricular program designed to prepare students for the world of management, is considered a national model for undergraduate business professional development programs.
- The most diverse student body – measured by ethnicity, gender, age, sociocultural background, professional aspiration and disability—among regional schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- The award-winning Center for Collaborative Leadership. Dedicated to encouraging collaboration among Greater Boston’s next generation of leaders, the center sponsors UMass Boston’s Emerging Leadership Program.
- The Entrepreneurship Center sponsors programs, workshops and mentorships that link UMass Boston’s specialized education in entrepreneurship with hands-on experience in building startup businesses and entrepreneurial careers.
- SERC (Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness). A leader at providing education, research, and development that confronts climate change while building a vibrant economy.
- The Financial Services Forum is a source of current information and commentary on the health and critical issues facing the financial services industry in Boston and nationally.