GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
Please note: Until the end of the spring 2024 semester, our admissions cycles for the MBA, MSA, and MSF will opt out of requiring GMAT/GRE test scores. Test scores are required for the MSBA and MSIT unless applicants satisfy waiver criteria.
Qualified MSBA and MSIT applicants may be eligible to waive the GMAT/GRE requirement if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Earned a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Earned a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher with 3+ years of progressive full-time professional experience.
- Earned a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or higher with a B or better in quantitative courses.
- Completed a master's or terminal degree.
- Completed at least one section/part of a professional licensure exam - CPA – Pass 1 exam, CFA- Level 1, Charted Accountants, ACCA, other IFAC member licensure, CMA, CIA, CFP, CAIA, FRM- Level 1, Six Sigma, CPIM, CSCP, or another approved licensure.
- Completed a UMass Boston College of Management graduate business certificate program.
The College of Management’s graduate admissions committee will evaluate the applicant’s completed application and the admissions committee will look for evidence of academic and quantitative aptitude through coursework taken and consider professional experience and credentials when evaluating requests.
NOTE: UMass Boston has the final decision on whether to waive the GMAT/GRE requirement on a case-by-case basis. Complete and accurate records must be provided to support the consideration process. UMass Boston reserves the right to verify all dates of employment. The admissions committee reserves the right to request applicants to submit a GMAT/GRE score if necessary.