GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy & Application Form
Please note: The admissions cycles through Spring 2022, will opt out of requiring GRE/GMAT scores for admission due to COVID-related closures of testing sites.
Applicants who satisfy one of the following criteria may be eligible to waive the GMAT/GRE exam requirement for their application towards the MBA, MS in Accounting, MS in Finance, MS in Information Technology, or MS in Business Analytics degrees at UMass Boston within the College of Management.
- Earned a GPA of 3.3 or greater in a baccalaureate degree from an accredited* institution. Apply
- Earned a GPA of 3.3 or greater from UMass Boston College of Management Graduate Business Certificate Programs. Apply
- Have 5 years of relevant professional experience, including military experience, in addition to 3.0 GPA -OR- 8 year’s leadership and supervisory experience including military experience. Apply
- Completed a graduate degree (Masters, PhD, JD, DBA, etc.) from an accredited institution. Apply
- Hold a professional licensure in the United States in a relevant professional field: CPA – Pass 1 exam, CFA- Level 1, CFP, CAIA, FRM- Level 1, Six Sigma, CPIM, CSCP, other approved licensure. Apply
CED website: http://www.cedevaluations.com
UMass Boston has final decision on whether or not to waive the GMAT/GRE requirement on a case by case basis. Complete and accurate records must be provided to support waiver claims through the online waiver application. UMass Boston reserves the right to verify all dates of employment.