GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy & Application Form
Applicants who satisfy one of the below listed criteria may be eligible to waive the GMAT/GRE exam requirement for their application towards the MBA, MS in Accounting, MS in Finance, MS in Information Technology, or MS in Business Analytics degrees at UMass Boston within the College of Management.
- Have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or greater in a baccalaureate degree from an accredited* institution. International candidate degrees must be evaluated for equivalency determined through the Center for Educational Documentation (CED) *Subject to review and approval. Apply
- Have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or greater from UMass Boston College of Management Graduate Business Certificate Programs. Apply
- Have 5 years of relevant professional experience, including military experience, in addition to 3.0 GPA -OR- 8 year’s leadership and supervisory experience including military experience. Apply
- Hold a completed graduate degree (Masters, PhD, JD, DBA, etc.) from an accredited institution. International candidate degrees must be evaluated for equivalency determined through the Center for Educational Documentation (CED). Apply
- Hold a professional licensure in the United States in a relevant professional field: CPA – Pass 1 exam, CFA- Level 1, CFP, CAIA, FRM- Level 1, Six Sigma, CPIM, CSCP, other approved licensure. Apply
CED website: http://www.cedevaluations.com
UMass Boston makes the final decision as to whether or not to waive the GMAT/GRE requirement on a case by case basis. Complete and accurate records must be provided to support waiver claims through the online waiver application. UMass Boston reserves the right to verify all dates of employment.