Business Analytics (Online)
Business analytics is a crucial tool to guide business operations towards achieving strategic objectives in any industry, from health care to finance and retail. Understanding and learning Business Analytics (BA) is therefore becoming a necessity for all business professionals. The College of Management at UMass Boston is now offering an online certificate consisting of four courses focused on the transformative capabilities of BA and the technologies needed for implementation.
The Business Analytics Certificate is a 12-credit, online program designed to facilitate integrating BA into enterprise business processes.
Course credit from a certificate will count toward an MBA or MS degree should you choose to continue on. Graduate business certificates do not require the GMAT and if the student’s GPA is higher than 3.3 they are eligible to waive the GMAT requirement upon entering the MBA and MS programs.
Applications are now being accepted for fall 2020, with an application deadline of July 1. For more details, please contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSIS 670 Enterprise Business Intelligence (offered online in fall, spring, and summer semesters)
MSIS 671 Data Warehousing (offered online in spring)
MSIS 672 Data Mining (offered online in fall)
MSIS 656 Information Storage (offered online in spring)
Please note that course offerings are subject to change
The following courses may be required to be completed as prerequisites for the Business Analytics Certificate. This will be determined during the review of the candidates’ application, and the candidate will be notified in advance. If required, these classes will need to be completed prior to enrolling in MSIS 670, MSIS 671, MSIS 672, or MSIS 656:
Applicants for the Business Analytics Certificate** will need to submit:
- Online application and fee ($60 domestic, $100 international)
- Official transcripts (completed bachelor’s degree required)
- Submission of TOEFL or IELTS score (required for all students that submit undergraduate transcripts where the national language is not English. Minimum required score for TOEFL is 90 to be considered).
- Résumé (3-5 years of related work experience preferred)
- 1 letter of recommendation
- GMAT and GRE exams are not required for the graduate certificate program
- Statement of Intent. Please express in less than 1000 words:
- Why are you interested in the graduate certificate in Business Analytics? How will the Certificate enhance your career aspirations?
- What is your experience in the business analytics field, and what problems and issues are you interested in exploring further?
For more information on the certificate contact Professor Peng Xu.
You can find more information about the application process at the Graduate Admissions homepage.
**Please note the certificate does not meet eligibility requirements for issuance of an I-20.