Business Analytics (Online)
Business analytics is a crucial tool to guide business operations towards achieving strategic objectives in any industry, from healthcare to finance and retail. Understanding and learning Business Analytics (BA) is therefore becoming a necessity for all business professionals. The College of Management at UMass Boston is now offering an online certificate consisting of four courses focused on the transformative capabilities of BA and the technologies needed for implementation.
The Business Analytics Certificate is a 12-credit, fully online program designed to facilitate integrating BA into enterprise business processes. UMass Boston's College of Management was recently ranked No. 47 for Information Management by QS TopMBA, highlighting the quality of our IT offerings.
Applications are now being accepted for fall 2018, with an application deadline of June 1, 2018. For more details, please feel free to contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSIS 670 Enterprise Business Intelligence (offered in fall and spring semesters)
MSIS 671 Enterprise Data Warehousing (fall semesters only)
MSIS 672 Enterprise Data Mining and Predictive Analytics (fall semesters only)
MSIS 656 Enterprise Information Storage Management (spring semesters only)
The following courses may be required to be completed as prerequisites for the Business Analytics Certificate. This will be determined during the review of the candidates’ application, and the candidate will be notified in advance. If required, these classes will need to be completed prior to enrolling in MSIS 670, MSIS 671, MSIS 672, or MSIS 656:
Applicants for the Business Analytics Certificate** will need to submit:
- Online application and fee ($60 domestic, $100 international)
- Official transcripts (completed bachelor’s degree required)
- Submission of TOEFL or IELTS score (required for all students that submit undergraduate transcripts where the national language is not English. Minimum required score for TOEFL is 85 to be considered).
- Résumé (3-5 years of related work experience required)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of Intent. Please express in less than 1000 words:
- Why are you interested in the graduate certificate in Business Analytics? How will the Certificate enhance your career aspirations?
- What is your experience in the business analytics field, and what problems and issues are you interested in exploring further?
You can find more information about the application process at the Graduate Admissions homepage.
**Please note the certificate does not meet eligibility requirements for issuance of an I-20.