Marketing is being redefined every day in a world of rapid innovation, fast-paced media, big data, and global competition. Effective marketing is critical in every type of organization from large corporations to nonprofits, from startup ventures to social mission organizations. The demand for outstanding marketing professionals has never been stronger. Contemporary marketing focuses on customers and markets, data and information, networks and relationships, social media and online channels, and strategy and performance. The objective is to prepare professionals to grow their businesses, better serve their customers, and develop long-term customer relationships with cutting edge marketing knowledge. It is designed for people who already or aspire to work in marketing departments and agencies, in positions such as: account manager, product manager, community manager, database marketing coordinator, email marketing specialist, graphic designer, marketing analyst, social media coordinator, and web content writer.
Did you know that course credit from a certificate will count toward an MBA or MS degree should you choose to continue on? Graduate business certificates do not require the GMAT and if the student’s GPA is higher than 3.3 they are eligible to waive the GMAT requirement upon entering the MBA and MS programs.
Applications are now being accepted for fall 2020, with an application deadline of July 1. For more details, please feel free to contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contemporary marketing certificate comprises 5 courses total: 4 required courses and 1 elective. Students without a business degree or three years’ experience in marketing are required to take an introduction to marketing course (MBAMKT 670: Marketing Management) instead of the elective. MBAMKT 670 is usually offered online and on-ground.
Elective Courses (Select one)
Applicants for the Contemporary Marketing certificate will need to submit:
- Online application and fee ($60 domestic, $100 international)
- Official transcripts (completed bachelor’s degree required)
- Submission of TOEFL or IELTS score (required for all students that submit undergraduate transcripts where the national language is not English. Minimum required score for TOEFL is 90 to be considered).
- Résumé (3-5 years of related work experience preferred)
- 1 letter of recommendation
- GMAT and GRE exams are not required for the graduate certificate program
- Statement of Intent. Please express in less than 1000 words:
- Why are you interested in the graduate certificate in contemporary marketing? How will the certificate enhance your career aspirations?
- What is your experience in the marketing field, and what problems and issues are you interested in exploring further?
For more information on the certificate contact Professor Raymond Liu.
You can find more information about the application process at the Graduate Admissions homepage.