UMass Boston's MS in Finance (MSF) is a 10 course, 30 credit degree program. The 10 courses are composed of Finance Requirements, Finance Electives, and a Capstone course. Four prerequisite courses must be satisfied or waived through prior relevant coursework, based on a review of transcripts.*
The CFA® Institute University Affiliation Program** can be completed full-time or part-time, with classes that meet primarily in the evenings and online. Scheduling is highly flexible, with most classes meeting once per week.
- International Graduate Fellowship: Qualified international applicants with a submitted application for a master's degree program may be considered for a fellowship opportunity. Learn more
Admission to the program is highly competitive and is based on several factors, including prior academic record, professional experience, standardized test scores, essays, and recommendations. The curriculum has been designed by the College of Management Accounting and Finance faculty in consultation with the AF Department’s Advisory Board to assist students in furthering careers in finance and in preparing for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam.
* A minimum of 30 credits (10 courses) total are required to meet university degree completion criteria. Waiving multiple courses may require completion of additional elective courses to meet the 30 credit minimum requirement.
**CFA® is a registered trademark owned by CFA Institute.
- Achieve proficiency with respect to the functional or technical knowledge and skills required for professional finance careers.
- Gain knowledge and skills regarding professional integrity and ethics.
- Gain problem identification and solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Gain proficiency in the communications, teamwork and leadership skills required for professional finance careers.